Sunday, September 17, 2023

CURRINS 545 Post #1

 



Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Seth Kaplan and I'm currently in my last year at UWM for my Secondary English Education degree. This year, I'm fortunate enough to be working under Mr. Timmons at Golda Meir High School, doing fieldwork in his Communications Media class this fall and then student teaching a Science Fiction class in the spring. I'm looking forward to getting a feel for working in the classroom as an educator, especially because I feel I've been a student for so very long. That being said, though I am pursuing a career in teaching, I like to think of myself as a lifelong student first and foremost.  

For my image, I revamped and edited an old jamboard which was used in last spring for a class which taught about how to incorporate the internet into teaching. Throughout the course, we used jamboards all the time, so it's only fitting to keep them in mind for future teaching activities! This specific jamboard exemplifies me, combining all of my favorite things into one image, from music, to books, to art.

The website I'm sharing for this blogpost is squibler.io, which is a plot generator used to start writing with simple, yet intriguing prompts. Oftentimes as a high schooler, I found the hardest part of writing to be simply starting, and squibler does that for you! I've seen my cooperating teacher use it in his own classroom to get his class started thinking creatively, and I personally find it to be a lot of fun. 

Thanks for checking out crummy cradle, and I hope your semester has gotten off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space in Between Premise and Plot.

"I've read some of your stuff, and, you know, I never thought that anyone could get so much drivel onto half a hundred pages. It...